After attending the lecture of Dr. Choton Basu about “Developing the Globally Aware Individuals”, I could understand better what is expected from students in order to meet the standards of the “globally aware citizen”, I list them in 6 categories:
- Communication: Developing global communication skills, not only speaking more than two languages but also being able to have an intercultural communication.
- Economy: Understanding the importance of the interconnectedness of the global economy.
- Politics: Being politically aware, meaning being able to link between the political decision-making and the global economy.
- Technology: Knowing the importance of technology in linking businesses, nations and individuals.
- Society: Understand the different cultures, beliefs, and religions and know their impact on the national and international decisions through organization like the UN (United Nations), IMF (International monetary fund), WB (world bank)..etc